‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4024.47-143.30 - -3.44%
- ^FTSE5848.06-50.70 - -0.86%
- ^AORD5025.60-3.70 - -0.07%
- ^AXJO4976.20-4.20 - -0.08%
- WP Stock Ticker
- The Week Ahead: Is This The Stock Market's Secret Weapon?
- Notable Friday Option Activity: GWRE, LYB, CAT
- Noteworthy Friday Option Activity: GOOGL, ASTE, ULTA
- Noteworthy Friday Option Activity: LOGM, DIS, GRMN
- Misguided Fed Rate Hike Coming Home To Roost Now
- Notable Friday Option Activity: ADBE, TRIP, FSLR