‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4278.143+7.78 - +0.18%
- ^FTSE6832.83+36.20 - +0.53%
- ^AORD5468.200+77.700 - +1.44%
- ^AXJO5501.800+81.900 - +1.51%
- WP Stock Ticker
- Are the Homebuilders Still in a Bear Market?
- The Week Ahead: Barron's Roundtable -- Too Cautious Like 2013?
- Oil Price Dip Good for Airlines But Windfall Won't Be Equally Spread
- Notable Friday Option Activity: UPS, SBUX, CMG
- Interesting SBAC Put And Call Options For September 18th
- First Week of March 20th Options Trading For BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN)