‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4285.70-181.78 - -4.07%
- ^FTSE6138.69-199.41 - -3.15%
- ^AORD5192.80-165.80 - -3.09%
- ^AXJO5113.20-167.50 - -3.17%
- WP Stock Ticker
- Pressure on Stocks Continues After Historic British Vote
- Brexit Shocks Markets, But Overnight Carnage May Be Muted After U.S. Open
- The Small-Cap Solar Stock In Serious Trouble
- Brexit Or Bremain: Gauging Oil, Gold And FX Short-Term Plays
- Everything You Need To Know About The 'Brexit'
- Noteworthy Thursday Option Activity: CMA, ECHO, SLB