‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4042.017+29.749 - +0.74%
- ^FTSE6388.73-30.42 - -0.47%
- ^AORD5399.300+29.400 - +0.55%
- ^AXJO5412.200+29.100 - +0.54%
- WP Stock Ticker
- The Week Ahead: This Market Could Hurt Stocks
- Saudis Vs Oil Markets: Who's Playing Whom?
- Use Options For a Chance To Buy BCRX at a 52% Discount
- Use Options For a Chance To Buy NXPI at a 38% Discount
- I Hope Gold Owners Followed the Plan...
- How To YieldBoost Ubiquiti Networks From 0.5% To 29.4% Using Options