‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX3959.033-8.211 - -0.21%
- ^FTSE6803.90-3.85 - -0.06%
- ^AORD5615.100+34.500 - +0.62%
- ^AXJO5622.900+34.500 - +0.62%
- WP Stock Ticker
- Use Options For a Chance To Buy Spirit AeroSystems Holdings at a 26% Discount
- Strategy To YieldBoost Pier 1 Imports From 1.6% To 9.1% Using Options
- YieldBoost DSW From 0.7% To 8.3% Using Options
- Asia Soars but What About Europe?
- It Used To Be Easier To Get Rich, Here's Why
- One Put, One Call Option To Know About for Apple