‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4664.51-15.96 - -0.34%
- ^FTSE6356.09-19.06 - -0.30%
- ^AORD5218.20-33.20 - -0.63%
- ^AXJO5166.50-36.10 - -0.69%
- WP Stock Ticker
- The Week Ahead: Time To Get a Jump On The January Effect?
- Russian Su-24 Downed But Should Investors Be Cautious On Turkish Stocks?
- UK To Create 'Shale Wealth Fund' Atop Hydrocarbon Taxation Support
- Notable Wednesday Option Activity: TGT, MON, VLO
- Noteworthy Wednesday Option Activity: COST, BBY, JWN
- Noteworthy Wednesday Option Activity: GMCR, YHOO, AZO