‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4054.407-45.686 - -1.11%
- ^FTSE6772.87-46.42 - -0.68%
- ^AORD5368.200-69.100 - -1.27%
- ^AXJO5363.000-70.100 - -1.29%
- WP Stock Ticker
- Finding the Sweet Spot in the Financial Sector
- The Week Ahead: What's Next on the Investor's Wall of Worry?
- Use Options For a Chance To Buy EXAS at a 53% Discount
- YieldBoost Virtus Investment Partners From 1% To 8.6% Using Options
- How To YieldBoost Packaging Corp of America To 6.3% Using Options
- AZN December 20th Options Begin Trading