‘wolf of wall street’ Category
» posted on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Ben Rooney
Here's a fun fact: The stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 (SPX), had its strongest performance this year since the Wolf of Wall Street roamed lower Manhattan.
The broad market gauge has gained 29.6% in 2013, its biggest jump since 1997 -- the year before Jordan Belfort, the hard-partying founder of brokerage firm Stratton Oakmont, was indicted for securities fraud and money laundering.
Belfort, who served nearly two years in MORE
Comments Off | filed under Ackman · Apple · belfort · best buy · bonds · einhorn · gold · Herbalife · Icahn · IPO · J.C. Penney · markets · Netflix · newmont mining · stocks · wolf of wall street | tags: investing
- ^NDX4588.91-9.69 - -0.21%
- ^FTSE6696.28+27.41 - +0.41%
- ^AORD5681.70+28.60 - +0.51%
- ^AXJO5699.20+29.70 - +0.52%
- WP Stock Ticker
- The Week Ahead: Is Bearish Sentiment High Enough?
- Noteworthy Friday Option Activity: GOOGL, GMCR, BMY
- Notable Friday Option Activity: AMZN, DIS, GILD
- Notable Friday Option Activity: MCD, T, HD
- Noteworthy Friday Option Activity: PH, CVX, CVC
- Aubrey McClendon's New Empire Fights For Survival As Oil Slump Deepens